The Grey Lynn Toy Library will remain open until the decision is made by local authorities to close our schools. When/if that happens we will update this page regarding our closure, and will open again as soon as the risk of widespread community transmission has passed.
- We have increased the number of toys you can loan to 8 (to keep kids busy in case of school closure!).
- We will also extend the deadline for returning toys indefinitely until the risk of community transmission has passed. I.e. From today on we don’t expect you to come in to return toys if you don’t want to.
Evidence assures us that young children are the least affected by this virus. However, the spread of COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus is something we take very seriously and it is important not to put our communities at risk.
We therefore ask families to take the following precautions …
- Where possible, reduce the number of people visiting the library, and stay home if anyone in your family is unwell.
- Use the hand sanitiser at the library door before touching toys.
- Wipe down toys/bags with disinfectant before playing at home and before returning to the library.
- Count toy pieces yourself in front of our volunteers when you return them.
- Follow the Government’s advice regarding health precautions and self-isolation, and inform us asap if you or any close contact is at risk.
- If you’ve signed up for a roster duty and are unable or unwilling to come in – no problem, just let us know by email.
- Toys will not be loaned out to other families on the same day (Exception: large ride-ons that can be easily disinfected on the spot).
- The team at St Columba hall have set up a process for disinfecting the bathrooms and common surfaces before and after use by community groups.
- We are keeping a log of families visiting the library so we can follow up if anyone in our community is affected.
You may find this link, which includes a helpful video from Nanogirl, helpful: How to talk to children about COVID-19.
We will work to weather the storm ahead with calm, patience and togetherness. We see the library as a valuable resource for parents and children, especially while engaging in social distancing. We will keep up to date with government advice and stay open as much as possible throughout the months ahead.
Credible, evidence-based information about COVID-19 can be found in the following places:
- The Ministry of Health COVID-19 webpage.
- The Auckland Regional Public Health Service COVID-19 webpage.
- The World Health Organization’s COVID-19 site.
- Anyone seeking health-related advice about COVID-19 can also free call Healthline’s dedicated 0800 number: 0800 358 5453.
Nga mihi nui,
The Grey Lynn Toy Library Committee.