End of Year Dates for existing members …
- If you haven’t yet returned your toys, please bring them to the library on one of the following days OR contact us by email to make arrangements.
- Wednesday 2nd December: Open for toy drop off and Summer Toy Hire selection and pick-up.
- Saturday 5th December: Stock-take day. If you have outstanding toys you can drop them off then (but we would prefer you brought them earlier :P).
- The Toy Library will then be closed for the summer until the first week of February.
- Thank you for being part of our library!
Please contact us by email if you want to join the library or gift a toy library membership to a friend. We are happy to arrange a gift certificate.
Wednesdays and Saturday mornings are abuzz with excited children at the Grey Lynn Toy Library. Join today to get access to …
- Over 1,000 toys for children 4 months – 8 years.
- Roleplay – baby – music – puzzles – large ride-on toys – waterplay – sports – and more!
- Membership options starting at $210/Year, or $130 if you commit to 3 rostered volunteer duties at the library.
- Parking available right outside.
- Large hall available for children to play Wednesday and Saturday mornings.
- Visitors welcome!
And yes, we do accept good quality toy donations.
10 Good Reasons to Join The Toy Library
- Access to imaginative and educational toys suitable for every age/stage of child development.
- Indulge your childs latest passion or craze without breaking the bank.
- Keep your house free of permanent ‘toy clutter’.
- Avoid consumerism, while teaching sharing and responsibility.
- Care for our environment by reducing and reusing toys.
- Try out expensive toys such as balance bikes or trikes before you buy.
- Get to know local families in your community.
- Somewhere fun to visit on Wednesday and Saturday mornings (especially during the wet winter months!)
- Helpful advice on the best toys for your child from our friendly committee members.
- Relive your own childhood memories when you pull Hungry Hippos or Mr. Potato Head off the shelf :-D.
- The kids can’t wait to go and it’s better than the toy shop as they ‘shop’ to their heart’s content!
Don’t put it off any longer. Come visit this week and give your children/grandchildren/family the gift of play!
“[We] loan toys and return them when the kids lose interest after a few weeks.
We’ve saved so much money and it’s great to be part of a sharing community.”
– Member, Point Chevalier.
“My son’s eyes light up every time I mention we are going to the toy library. Even after 3 years of membership, there is always something new to discover.”
– Member, CBD
A note on donations:
Please note that we are currently interested in donations of the following types of toys:
- Ride-ons for 1-2 year olds
- Pop culture toys (Frozen, Star Wars, Toy Story, Avengers, etc.)
- Unicorns and fairies for any age
- Balance/sports toys for 3-8 year olds
- Ocean toys for any age e.g. Turtles, whales, dolphins.
- Educational/electronic toys for 5-8 year olds
- Baby support/baby toys for 4mo-12mo (carriers, jumpers, excersaucers, seats)
Thank you for considering donating to our charity!