Please note our following closed dates: Saturday May 8th – CLOSED for St Columba Clayworks fundraiser
COVID update: We will be loaning out 8 toys at a time (rather than 6) to support you in case of another lock-down – we know how important those ‘new’ toys are to keep children busy during the time at home :-D. Many parents loan 8 toys but keep 4-6 of them stashed in the closet to bring out as needed.
Wednesdays and Saturday mornings are abuzz with excited children at the Grey Lynn Toy Library. Join today to get access to …
- Over 1,000 toys for children 4 months – 8 years.
- Role play – baby – music – puzzles – large ride-on toys – water play – sports – and more!
- Membership options starting at $210/Year, or $130 if you commit to 3 rostered volunteer duties at the library.
- Parking available right outside.
- Large hall available for children to play Wednesday and Saturday mornings.
- Visitors welcome!
And yes, we do accept good quality toy donations.
10 Good Reasons to Join The Toy Library
- Access to imaginative and educational toys suitable for every age/stage of child development.
- Indulge your childs latest passion or craze without breaking the bank.
- Keep your house free of permanent ‘toy clutter’.
- Avoid consumerism, while teaching sharing and responsibility.
- Care for our environment by reducing and reusing toys.
- Try out expensive toys such as balance bikes or trikes before you buy.
- Get to know local families in your community.
- Somewhere fun to visit on Wednesday and Saturday mornings (especially during the wet winter months!)
- Helpful advice on the best toys for your child from our friendly committee members.
- Relive your own childhood memories when you pull Hungry Hippos or Mr. Potato Head off the shelf :-D.
- The kids can’t wait to go and it’s better than the toy shop as they ‘shop’ to their heart’s content!
Don’t put it off any longer. Come visit this week and give your children/grandchildren/family the gift of play!
“[We] loan toys and return them when the kids lose interest after a few weeks.
We’ve saved so much money and it’s great to be part of a sharing community.”
– Christine, Grey Lynn.
“My son’s eyes light up every time I mention we are going to the toy library. Even after 3 years of membership, there is always something new to discover.”
– Member, CBD
A note on donations:
Please note that we are currently interested in donations of the following types of toys:
- Ride-ons for 1-2 year olds
- Pop culture toys (Frozen, Star Wars, Toy Story, Avengers, etc.)
- Unicorns and fairies for any age
- Balance/sports toys for 3-8 year olds
- Ocean toys for any age e.g. Turtles, whales, dolphins.
- Educational/electronic toys for 5-8 year olds
- Baby support/baby toys for 4mo-12mo (carriers, jumpers, excersaucers, seats)
Thank you for considering donating to our charity!